Rokinon AF 24-70mm F2.8 E is Rokinon's first Auto Focus Standard Zoom lens equipped with various functions optimized for video shooting that sets it apart from other standard zoom lenses. Features optimized for video shooting:
- Parfocal - This function maintains the focus on the subject when zooming in/out. It is equipped with a function optimized for video shooting mounted on cine zoom lenses.
- Cinematic Video AF - As the AF speed is properly controlled during video recording, wobbling is reduced and stable video recording is possible.
- Linear MF Focus Control - Provides convenience to video shooters by realizing the torque of the focus ring as closely as possible to that of a manual video lens when shooting video in manual mode.
- Cine Kit - Rokinon Cine Kit, consisting of focus gearing, follow focus, and tripod mount, allows system exchange at the same time as lens change (Small configuration), so the maneuverability is very good. In addition, a mount kit and follow focus are provided at the same time, providing essential elements of video shooting at once. (Kit sold separately)
This zoom lens delivers a 24-70mm (wide-angle to short-telephoto) angle of view and a bright maximum aperture of F2.8 throughout the entire zoom range, as commonly utilized by full-frame camera users. It can be used for diverse photos such as landscapes, portraits, and snaps. In particular, the optimum resolution is achieved through the optical design of 17 elements in 14 groups (2 ASP, 1 H-ASP, 3 HR, and 3 ED).
Bright aperture of the AF 24-70 F2.8 E offers beautifully blurred background. The subject and background are effectively separated with shallow depth of field, creating impressive images highlighting the subject. The 9-blade circular aperture contributes natural-looking bokeh and the beautiful starburst effect.
The minimum focusing distance is just 0.35m (1.15ft), so it is possible to produce a unique perspective close to the subject. It makes it easier to take various images such as food on tables or portraits with exaggerated features.
The AF 24-70 F2.8 E enhanced the usability considering the user's shooting environment. This zoom lens features weather sealing at 7 spots to protect from light dust, rain, and snow and provide the ability to capture stunning images in less than perfect conditions.
Equipped with the Custom Switch, shooting and operation are more intuitive and simple. You can easily select various functions such as Aperture Control Mode or MF Mode from the Switch, and enjoy the shooting mode that suits your personal preference. (More functions will be added through firmware updates in the future.)
The AF 24-70mm F2.8 E features the latest Linear STM (Stepping Motor), a larger and heavier focus lens group can be controlled more quietly and precisely, providing excellent image quality in both photos and videos.
Advanced features include Zoom functionality and a Custom Mode
- The fast F2.8 maximum aperture with a 9 blade iris provide low light performance, and smooth circular bokeh effects.
- Weather sealing helps to protect against dust and moisture.
- With an inconspicuous size, a wide angle of view, and an 13.8” minimum focusing distance, it is perfect for, group shots, travel, stealthy street shooting, and landscapes.
- Autofocusing utilizes a LSM (Linear Stepless Motor) for quiet, and smooth focus that is especially important when recording video.
- The IF (Internal Focusing) design prevents both changes in length and front element rotation. This enables the easy use of polarizers and other filters that require precise positioning.
|AF 24-70mm F2.8 E
|F2.8 ~ 22
|17 Elements in 14 Groups
|2 ASP, 1 H-ASP, 3 HR, 3 ED
|Minimum Focusing Distance
|0.1x - 0.27x
|Filter Size (mm)
|Maximum Diameter (mm)
|Angle of View
|53˚ - 86˚
|36˚ - 62˚
|128.5mm / 5.1in
|1,027g / 36.2oz
|AF/MF mode switch