A desirable telephoto for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, the Rokinon MF 85mm F1.8 ED UMC CS Lens pairs a sleek form factor with a bright f/1.8 maximum aperture for depth of field control and greater versatility in difficult lighting conditions. The optical design features one extra-low dispersion element, which reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing, and one high refractive index element to control spherical aberrations for improved sharpness. An Ultra Multi-Coating has also been applied to boost contrast by suppressing lens flare and ghosting. Additionally, the lens has a manual focus design for precise focusing down to 2.1' and a nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality.
- Telephoto prime is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords extensive control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus techniques.
- One extra-low dispersion element is used to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce imagery with a high degree of clarity and color fidelity.
- A high refractive index element is used to control spherical aberrations and distortions in order to realize higher sharpness and accurate rendering.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to all lens elements in order to suppress lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy.
- This manual focus lens has a non-rotating 62mm front filter mount to better enable the use of polarizing, graduated ND, and other filter types that require precise positioning.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when using selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.
|Model Name||85mm F1.8 ED UMC CS|
|Aperture Range||F1.8 ~ F22|
|Optical Construction||9 Elements in 7 groups|
|Special Elements||1 ED, 1 HR|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||0.65 m(2.13ft)|
|Magnification Ratio||x 0.17|
|Mount||Canon M||Sony E||Fujifilm X||MFT|
|Angle of View||APS-C||18.0˚||19.1˚||19.1˚||-|
Various utilizations by excellent resolution, bright aperture value
Excellent optical function by floating focus type design and special lens (ED LENS, HR LENS)